The summer is fading fast, and its nearly time to head back to school, so we thought we might review some Stash basics which may help to reduce some of the more common member issues we see on our side, and is worth sharing with your teams.
“Hey Stash, where are my points?”
The number one type of inquiry we receive from Stash members is about missing points. This is usually due to the wrong email being attached to the reservation – by taking a moment to confirm it on arrival, you are making sure the guest isn’t inconvenienced after they depart. Here are a few member-stay basics to know:
Stash ID Email address must be attached to reservation prior to checkout for the points to award automatically.
Actual member inquiry: “I did not receive my points for the recent stay at X hotel. I mentioned it to the front desk person at time of check in and she said she’d make sure it was on there. Can I find out when I can expect to see them? Thank you.”
Next step: We reach out to the hotel for the stay details. Just like your hotel, we love to keep our standard of service exceptionally high. From time to time, the Member Support Team reaches out with questions regarding member stays or reservations and we appreciate those quick responses! The sooner we hear back from you, the sooner we can resolve the issue, and this makes members even bigger fans of both your hotel and Stash. Once we confirm the stay info, we respond to the member.
Prevent by: Asking member at check in if the email address on file is their Stash ID.
Points are awarded to member account within 2 weeks after checkout
Actual member inquiry received on 5/31 (check out date was also 5/31): “Please add this stay to my account/points. Thank you.”
Next step: We let the member know it can take up to 2 weeks after checkout for points to post. Then we check members account periodically to make sure points have posted.
Prevent by: Remind members that points post within 2 weeks, which should keep them from reaching out prematurely.
Other Stash program basics to remember:
- Members can claim missing points up to 1 year after stay (must be enrolled).
- The earn rate for Partner hotel reservations is 5 points per dollar on the room revenue prior to tax. The member must settle the charges to be eligible to earn points.
- Member accounts are for one individual (one email address per account).
- Points are awarded on ELIGIBLE rates only. OTA stays do not qualify for points, and other deeply discounted rates such as certain group/corporate, tour/wholesale or house rates are not eligible. Make sure you are aware of your hotels eligibility before enrolling or promising points to guests.
- Points can be redeemed for free nights at Stash Partner Hotels and must be booked through the Stash website. Redemption reservations cannot be booked directly with the hotel, and points cannot be redeemed at Non-Partner Hotels.
- Redemption rates are dynamic and vary significantly depending on the property and date. Across the network of Partner Hotels, redeeming points for one night might require as little as 6,000 points to upwards of 100,000 points per night. But the average redemption is around 15,000 points for one night.
Looking for more info? Click here: https://www.stashrewards.com/questions