In just a few weeks we’re taking enrollments to an extreme level — starting May 1st, we’re kicking off a mega-point earning enrollment initiative for Front Desk and Reservation Agents called PERK Xtreme.
Get ready to earn some major points and introduce your guests to your loyalty program!
HOW MANY POINTS CAN I EARN WITH PERK XTREME?
During the month of May, you’ll earn the following:
- Qualified enrollment made on the Hub = DOUBLE points (200 points)
- Qualified enrollment using the OTA tool = TRIPLE points (300 points)
Don’t forget, you earn 100 points per qualified enrollment year-round. So once PERK Xtreme ends, keep enrolling to continue to earn your PERK points toward free stays all year — take that next vacation in style!
WHAT’S A QUALIFIED ENROLLMENT?
A qualified enrollment is one that is associated with a guest stay. So you can’t enroll your mom, unless she’s staying at your hotel. You CAN enroll a guest who is on an ineligible rate, like an OTA rate, but you need to be crystal clear that they won’t earn points for their current stay. And, as always, you have to get their permission to enroll.
IS THERE TRAINING ON HOW TO ENROLL?
We’ve just launched an easy Online Enrollment Course — you’ll definitely want to check it out because once you complete it you earn a cool 500 points. You can also view the Front Desk Enrollment Webinar, but we recommend taking the course so you can stop and start as you need to.
WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH OTA STAYS?
Some may not be familiar with OTAs and what they do. Online Travel Agencies (Expedia is an example) charge hotels large commissions on stays they provide – anywhere between 15% and 25%! These stays are not eligible to earn Stash points, BUT it’s important to enroll them in your loyalty program so they BOOK WITH YOU when they return and are able to earn points toward free nights. Not to mention you’ll save your hotel a TON of money in booking commissions.
Want even more about OTAs? Check out this Commons blog.
WHAT IS THE OTA TOOL?
The OTA Tool is actually just a yes/no option that lives on the Stash Hub (see image to the right). When you’re enrolling a guest that booked thier stay through a third party (like Expedia) check the ‘yes’ option in the section where it asks ‘Offer Double Points on Next Stay?’ and that is the OTA Tool! (That was easy.)
HOW DO I ENROLL AN OTA GUEST?
Once you identify a guest that booked through an OTA, you can offer them double points on their next visit if they book an eligible stay within 6 months. Just sign them up using the Hub, check the ‘yes’ option in the section where it asks ‘Offer Double Points on Next Stay?‘, and add the email to their reservation – Boom – you just earned 300 points. It’s as easy as that. Just be sure to get verbal permission to enroll them and add the email to the reservation so the enrollment is qualified.
WHAT IF WE DON’T HAVE THE OTA TOOL?
If you don’t see the ‘Offer Double Points on Next Stay?’ section on your version of the hub, that means the OTA Tool is not activated for your hotel… yet. If the tool is not yet activated, speak with your manager – we can turn it on with the flick of a switch. (If you are the manager, just shoot us a call, email, or comment below!)
IS THIS A COMPETITION?
Let’s be honest, isn’t everything a competition? Okay, technically this isn’t (meaning there won’t be a celebrated winner), but we’ll still be watching the stats and letting you know which hotels and GSAs are hitting the high marks. So get ready to see your name in lights!
HOW LONG IS PERK XTREME?
May 1 – 31, 2018. You have one full month to rack up the points, and enroll your guests in a super awesome program that creates loyalty for your hotel. (And remember, when May is over you still get 100 points per qualified enrollment, so keep it up!)
REMIND ME, WHAT PERK IS ALL ABOUT AGAIN?
PERK is the ongoing enrollment initiative that allows current Partner Hotel employees to earn 100 points per qualified enrollment year round. You can find all the details here.
*THE FINE PRINT*
- Enrollments must be made via the Stash Hub.
- Valid for qualified enrollments only (guests staying at hotel).
- OTA enrollment must be qualified (include the guest email address associated with their stay) and validated as an OTA Rate Code in order to earn 300 points.
- Associate must be a current employee in good standing to be eligible to earn points.
- Associate must have a Stash Hotel Rewards account in order to enroll members via the Stash hub. (Need to enroll yourself? Click here.)
- Associate must receive verbal consent from guest prior to enrolling them in Stash Hotel Rewards.
- Two or more member complaints against an associate will result in removal of that associate from the PERK program for 60 days.
- Qualified enrollments not associated correctly with an Associate name from the drop down menu will not be eligible to earn points.
- Points cannot be awarded retroactively. Enrollments processed prior to May 1, 2018 are not eligible to earn Double or Triple points.
- Stash Hotel Rewards reserves the right to remove points from associates accounts if associate fails to comply with PERK rules.