NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The “Travel Less Ordinary” travel writing competition (“Competition”) entry period begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on January 12, 2016, and ends at 11:59 PM EST on Monday, February 15, 2016 (the “Entry Period”), when all entries must be received. Eastern Standard Time shall control for all purposes of this Competition. The Competition is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Employees of RevPAR Collective, Inc. (“RevPAR” or “Sponsor”) and the Stash Partner Hotels in the RevPAR Stash Hotel Rewards® program or hotels under contract to become a potential Stash Partner Hotel as of January 12, 2016, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies (“Contest Entities”), and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. ”Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. ”Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. In order to enter the Competition or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules and, by entering, you represent and warrant that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor-designated judges, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Competition.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Competition, you must be enrolled as a member in RevPAR’s Stash Hotel Rewards® program (the “Stash Program”) during the Entry Period. If you are not enrolled as a member in the Stash Program, during the Entry Period, visit http://www.stashrewards.com/signup (the “Website”) and completely fill out all the required fields on the member enrollment form, including your agreement to the Membership Terms & Conditions, and submit the form as instructed. It is free to enroll as a member in the Stash Program. To enter the Competition, go to https://blog.stashrewards.com/travel-writing-submission-form/ and follow the instructions for entry. Submit one essay of five hundred (500) words or less about a U.S. based trip (the “Essay”). ALL ONLINE ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM EST ON FEBRUARY 15, 2016. LIMIT: One entry per person. Entries submitted by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Website will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Essay must be written in English to be eligible. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be honored. Mechanically reproduced or computer generated entries are ineligible and will be disqualified. Sponsor not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, misrouted entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry which Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, may be defamatory, obscene, profane, offensive, harassing or otherwise inappropriate or that may infringe upon or violate another party’s rights. All submissions (including the Essay) become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Competition, you agree that Sponsor shall have the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to post and/or publish your Essay (in whole or in part), first name/last initial, and city/state of residence on the Website, Twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites or any websites or social media sites owned or operated by Sponsor or the Stash Partner Hotels.
4. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant into the Competition hereby irrevocably grants Contest Entities a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use, post or display the Essay, in whole or part, in connection with the Competition in any and all media channels throughout the world in perpetuity.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Competition represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Essay is owned by entrant, was entirely written and created by entrant solely for the purpose of entering the Competition, and has not been previously published, distributed or otherwise exploited; (ii) the Essay is wholly original with entrant and, as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the Essay does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity, including rights of privacy and publicity; and (iv) the Essay does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be considered defamatory or libelous. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
6. JUDGING; SELECTION OF WINNER: There will be one (3) potential winners. On or about March 11, 2016, potential winners will be selected by the Sponsor-designated judges from among all eligible entries received on the basis of: (i) most creative Essay; and (ii) most compelling Essay. Based on the above criteria, each of which will be given 50% weight, the eligible entrants with the three highest cumulative scores will be selected as the winners. In the event of a tie, winner will be selected on the most compelling Essay criterion. If ties still remain, the tied entries will be re-judged. Essay must be original, of entrant’s own writing style and creation. Essay must not have been entered in any other competition or violate the rights of other parties. Odds of winning depend upon the nature, quality and number of eligible entries received. Decisions of judges are final and cannot be appealed.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by email no later than March 18, 2016, using the potential winner’s Stash Program account information. Potential winner will be required to complete and return a Declaration of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the “Declaration”) within three (3) days of notification or an alternate winner may be selected. In the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond to the email notification for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted, as determined within Sponsor’s sole discretion, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Competition or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Declaration is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Declaration-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Competition and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and Declaration procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate winner, if any.
8. PRIZE: First prize shall consist of 20,000 Stash points. Second and third prize shall consist of 15,000 Stash Points each. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize will vary, based upon a number of factors including the room rate in effect at the time of redemption. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with similar prize of equal or greater value. Any and all expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any and all federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All prizes claimed will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable by winner to any other person. No prize substitution, refund, or cash redemption allowed by winner.
10. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Competition or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition, or with any Website promoting the Competition; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Competition multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Competition, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Competition, including the entire Competition, and/or modify the Competition and/or judge the eligible entries received as of the termination date to award the prize. If the Competition is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Entry Period, in Sponsor’s discretion, notice may be posted at www.stashrewards.com.
11. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Competition, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Contest Entities, and their respective partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Competition, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Competition-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Competition. Entrants and winner acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or any component thereof, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the supplier of the prize (or any component thereof) or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington. In addition, any dispute relating to the Competition (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in King County, State of Washington. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
12. LIST OF WINNERS: To obtain a copy of the winner’s list, after April 11, 2016, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by mail to: Travel Less Ordinary Competition, RevPAR Collective, Inc., 2225 E. Bayshore Road, Suite 200, Palo Alto, California 94303.
13. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Competition is RevPAR Collective, Inc., 2225 E. Bayshore Road, Suite 200, Palo Alto, California 94303.